The rise of podcasts has given educators access to a wealth of knowledge and insights from fellow teachers. In this blog post, I share the top five teaching podcasts for college professors.
Check out this video for a brief tour of the Podcasts' websites
1. Teaching in Higher Ed Podcast is hosted by Bonni Stachowiak. This podcast is designed to help college professors improve their teaching practices. With over 453 episodes, each about 40 minutes long, Stachowiak covers a wide range of topics, including effective classroom management, student engagement, and the use of technology in the classroom. In addition to the episodes themselves, you can find helpful blog posts and other materials related to each episode's topic on the podcast's website.
2. The EdSurge Podcast hosted by Jeff Young, is dedicated to discussing the future of learning. In each of its over 446 episodes, Young invites leading experts and innovators in the field of education to share their insights and opinions on various topics. The EdSurge website also offers a variety of valuable tools and materials that can help you stay up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in education.
3. Tea for Teaching Podcast is hosted by John Kane and Rebecca Mushtare. Tea for Teaching is all about exploring teaching practices and methods that promote effective learning. They discuss various topics such as inclusive teaching, active learning, and the use of technology in the classroom. With over 276 episodes, each around 40 minutes long, this podcast provides valuable insights into how to enhance student learning.
4. The Professor Podcast with Ruth and Claire is hosted by Ruth and Claire, who are tenure-track faculty members working at an undergraduate institution in California, The Professor Podcast is all about reflection on their teaching practices, research, service, and staying sane. With over 146 episodes, this podcast provides insights into the daily struggles and joys of being a college professor.
5. Lecture Breakers Podcast is hosted by Dr. Barbi Honeycutt. Lecture Breakers is all about helping college professors create engaging and interactive lectures. With over 134 episodes, Dr. Honeycutt covers various topics such as active learning strategies, lesson planning, and classroom management. Her podcast provides practical tips and ideas to make lectures more interesting and effective.
Podcasts are an excellent resource for college professors to enhance their teaching practices. From effective classroom management to inclusive teaching and active learning, these podcasts provide valuable insights into how to make learning more engaging and effective. Whether you're looking for tips on using technology in the classroom or reflecting on your teaching practices, these five podcasts have got you covered. Happy listening!
To access additional teaching resources, visit my BLOG